Wednesday, September 16, 2009

UMEME, wa guan?

I want to love these guys but my heart is slowly failing me. What is it with the continuos mistakes they make with the electricity bills, and the overcharging or should I say ridiculous figures they come up with at the end of the months? Oh, bot forgetting the unnecessary power cuts and mix ups!!! What am about to share has been on going by the way! Just when you thin kthings are better, you're back to where you started!

Here I was, thinking, "C.K. get home and take a lovely warm shower, make some nice dinner and eat it while watching your favourite series Brothers & Sisters" but alas! I found my place in sheer darkness! I call up the Umeme customer care line and after giving the guy on the other end the account number, and calmly... (did i say calmly?) Ok, and as calmly as i could, telling him my UMEME frustrations, I got a humble response, "Sorry madam, there seems to have been a mistake. You were not the one supposed to be disconnected. We will rectify it as soon as possible but this will have to be next week on monday seeing that tomorrow is a saturday and right now it's after 8pm." (WHAAAAAAAAAAT??) "The electricians don't work on weekends." he politely went on. I wanted to scream or blow up.... but these customer care guys, i must give it to them, they know how to cool us off. Not that I would want a rude attendant but they are good. More money for them. If only the electricity issues were as smooth as the customer care service!

Anyway, I stayed in darkness the whole weekend; more of candle lit dinners and conversations-- wasn't bad for a change. (I say, look at the bright side....LOL )
As soon as Monday struck, I had to follow up and make sure my complaint was cleared. The electrician was apologetic and connected my power back on. All forgiven, bygones!

I am now in the month of September and haven't yet received the bills of July and August. Who is in charge of delivering this stuff?? Seriously, they should be fired! So I get a call a few days ago from UMEME customer care, (they have my number now- not with al the complaints I raise) and the gentleman tells me my renumeration for July/August but adds, "...The bill for August is not yet ready. You can go on and pay if you don't mind or you can wait for the August bill which comes with past month's bill too and you can pay at once."
"Okay, thank you." I said.
Wow! nice people. They actually call us back. I get back home and there is no power! AGAIN!!! I am the only one in the neighbourhood with no power! GOODNESS! The whole process again and remember each time you call customer care, a different person speaks to you. What makes it easier is if you wrote down your complaint number on a piece of paper or in a book and you have it ready with you but how i hate repeating myself!

I rest my case! I get disconnected when I have no pending balance and I still get disconnected when I haven't yet received the bill. what do they want from me?!!!? (sigh! sigh!) At least they are quick to respond.
Anyway, this time it wasn't their fault, it was a short circuit or something that had forced the button in the box to automatically switch off.
People, what we go through with these electricity bills can fill up a book! LOL
I will continue to be a patient citizen.... for a bit...... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment