Saturday, December 24, 2011

Using MUSIC to GIVE BACK!!

It is said that Christmas is a time for giving and sharing. I believe it is.
There is an air of excitement around me.... Xmas carols playing around the city, decorations in place, people shopping gifts and all.....
While I was doing my radio show a few weeks ago at Radiocity 97fm, members of Swangz Avenue (one of the best music production houses in Uganda) came to meet with my bosses about something. Later on, my colleague and I in the studio received a mention we had to read out on air and I was touched.
Swangz Avenue artists and friends compiled a special 9-track Christmas album titled Do They Know its Xmas and after I listened to it just today, (yes today, Xmas Eve, because I finally had some "me time") I felt compelled to share this with you.  
The album is being given away free of charge in exchange for a non-monetary donation in the form of clothes, shoes, warm beddings or foods that don't spoil easily.
Swangz Avenue did this as a way of reaching out and blessing the less privileged children in our community and it is an effort of theirs to brighten these children's Xmas through combination of music, clothes and food.
I find this a wonderful way of sharing and giving. My favourite songs on this album are: Joy in the Silent Night (Brian Mugenyi), Mary Did You Know (Pragmo), Oh Holy Night (Michael Ouma), Ho Ho We should all be Singing (Richy) and The King is Born Today (Benon & Vamposs).
Find out which are your favorites. Get your own copy of this Xmas album by simply donating something for the less privileged children now.
You can take your donations to Radiocity 97fm situated in Bugolobi on  Jilak House, Spring Road Tel: +256-312-970000.
OR at Tuskys Kitintale, Tuskys Ntinda, Tuskys Makerere and Uchumi supermarket.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY 2012 TO YOU ALL! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment